Saturday 1 April 2017

Fire wood, home grilled Croaker Fish

Firewood, home grilled croaker fish. 


I had been craving croaker fish for a while and I decided to make my own at home. Oven had an issue, but I didn't let that stop me, thank God for creative ideas. Mummy has fire wood and fire wood stand at home, so that's what I decided to use.


Lesson: we can often find other ways to do things that really needs to be done.
Like this blog post for example. I had hoped to send it out a while ago but one reason after the other became my excuse. However, I am sitting down in the airport, waiting to board and I decided to write this post and upload it, using my phone and regular MTN data.

So the day I made the fish, I went to Garki ultramodern market and bought one frozen croaker fish. They don't sell one, they sell in Kilos and by the time they weighed it, the price came to about N2,100 or so.
I took the fish home, put it in water to let it defreeze, then I mixed up my spice and did a dry rub

Ingredients:
One Croaker fish
Two Knorr cubes
One tea spoon of salt
11/2 tablespoon of dry pepper
1 tablespoon of fenugreek
1 tablespoon of grounded cardamom
1 tablespoon of Curry
8 large potatoes (or equivalent of small potatoes)


Wash the fish well then put in a bowl of a large try. Make a pocket in the belly of the fish. Mix the dry ingredients together and then rub inside and all over the fish. Don't forget your potatoes. Peel, wash and cut in slices. Add the potatoes to the bowl or tray containing the fish. Make sure the potatoes is coated in the the dry spice rub too. Leave to marinate for about 1 to 2 hours. After two hours you should grease foil paper and place the fish and potatoes in the foil and then in the oven. Allow to grill for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. This would probably be the conventional or modern way to go about it, but I did it the 'local' way. With the help of my sisters at home I set up a grilling spot using firewood, pot stand and the oven mesh. If you decide to do it this way, are allow the fire to burn for a while so that most of the initial smoke dissipates and does not end up in the fish. Once the fire seems stable, put the fish and potatoes, already in the foil paper  on the mesh and then cover with a really large pan cover (one you can afford to let Brown). Leave to cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Open to check and make sure the fish and potatoes are well cooked before taking it off and serving.

I say a large croaker fish can probably fill up 2 or 3 adults at the most. Unless it's just a side dish, then it can go for more people. I had some chicken available too so I marinated it with some of the dry rub, at the same time as the fish and placed in a seperate foil and grilled when it was time to grill. So you can grill chicken or Turkey or perhaps shrimps this way too. Just make sure you time it currently and that you tapper down or up the quantity of spices based on the type and size of meat being grilled.


Ah the fish and chicken were delicious.
The 'judges' at home agree.
Would you try this?

Let me know if you do and how it turns out.
Remember to share the link and food with family and friends.
Experiences are better when we share.

Thank you for reading
X0X0
Faith. A. A

3 comments:

  1. spinix เกมสล็อต รวมทั้งคาสิโนออนไลน์มาใหม่ มาแรงที่สุด พีจี ที่เก็บค่ายเกมดังต่างๆไว้ตรงนี้ในแอพเดียวครบจบเลยทั้งยังแจกเพชรฟรีสามารถแลกเปลี่ยนเป็นเครดิต ถอนได้อีกด้วย

    ReplyDelete
  2. เครดิตฟรี เพียงสมัครเข้ามาเป็นสมาชิกที่เว็บไซต์ของพวกเราเพียงแค่นั้น pg รับฟรีไปเลยในทันที เอาไปใช้เล่นเกมได้จริง มีสิทธิ ลุ้นเครดิตฟรี ได้อีกทั้งสมาชิกเก่า และก็ สมาชิกใหม่

    ReplyDelete
  3. การเล่นของค่าย pg slot เว็บ PG เว็บเกมที่มีเกมให้ได้ทดลองเล่นฟรี แล้วก็ยังเป็น PG SLOT รูปแบบใหม่ตอนนี้ของปีแตกง่ายแม้มีทุนน้อยก็เล่นได้

    ReplyDelete