Saturday 30 August 2014

Turn Back the Hands of Time



Our friend the Northern Lagosian is here with another of her written pieces. This time she is talking about what she could have done differently. Find her article below.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turn Back the Hands of Time
Hallo, werin dey? Haven’t you looked back and wished you did something different?  This is my list of things I did different.
If I could turn back the hands of time I would have had more “Me” time in school. Seriously in school I was always busy. From the hostel to class to church. Phew!!! I mean my school basically had a slow social life but social life it did have.
If I could turn back the hands of time I would have spent more times with my friends/ sisters. I miss them so.
If I could turn back the hands of time I would have learnt an instrument in church, put more time in my service to God.
If I could turn back the hands of time I would have believed in me more than I did. People!!! Always believe in you. Don’t let people put you down. You might not be good in an area but you are always better in some area. Even if you can’t identify that part in which you excel still believe in yourself.
If I could turn back the hands of time I would have changed my reading pattern in school to what was so convenient for me. Lool, my 1st and 2nd year I was copying other peoples reading style when I discovered what was more convenient for me it was the 3rd year. Lool thank God that I didn’t fail.
So that’s it. What do you wish you could change?
The Northern Lagosian  
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The point is to seize the day and make use of every opportunity we have. There would always be pressure from family, friends and society to do the things the way they want and deem right. While this is right and it indeed does keep peace on the surface, it may breed resentment and possibly regret within you.
Here’s hoping we all find the right balance.

XOXO
Purple Cutie

No comments:

Post a Comment